Wednesday, November 27, 2013

a perfectly timed delivery

As soon as we arrived home from work yesterday, my wife and I began packing up the car for the long drive up to New York for Thanksgiving with my family. Once the last piece of luggage had been loaded and the house had undergone its final inspection, we hopped into the car and started it up. While I was happy to be making the trip to see friends and family, I couldn't help but be disappointed in the fact that Vivobarefoot seemed to have broken their promise to deliver my shoes before our departure.

With the forecast calling for freezing temperatures and the remote possibility of snow on Thanksgiving, I dreaded the idea of having to run the turkey trot in sandals, but a number of shipping delays and complications with my order resulted in a predicament where having to do just that was becoming a very real possibility. While Vivobarefoot was very good about acknowledging the problems that they had caused and had assured me that their latest attempt at sending the shoes would arrive before we left on our trip, it was looking rather unlikely. Just as we pulled out of our driveway though, a UPS truck pulled in. We turned the car around, and met the delivery driver just in time for him to hand us the package directly.

The color ended up being wrong, but at least the size and the model were right this time; I was just glad to have something that would provide a little more protection from the elements tomorrow. While Vivobarefoot's customer service leaves something to be desired, they make a good shoe and the package did arrive as promised, albeit without a second to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment