Thursday, August 28, 2014

a measure of my fitness

After surviving Hell Week and completing the Basic Package, I took two days off from Freeletics, but I just couldn't bring myself to stay away any longer and I actually ended up doing an Aphrodite after yesterday's run. I found that choosing your own workouts though just isn't as satisfying as completing ones that have been assigned to you, so I made my commitment official today by signing up for the Coach, the 15-week paid version of the program.

When you sign up for the Coach, the first thing you do is decide whether you want to focus on cardio, strength, or both, and from there you are promised a series of customized workouts each week based on your progress and past performances. My primary goal is to become a more well-rounded athlete, so going with the Cardio & Strength Coach was an easy decision for me. After that was done, my first real task was to complete three exercises to test my athletic prowess and establish a baseline for the upcoming weeks. Once my results for the test were entered, I was promptly given the list of workouts for the first week of the program.

I won't be starting with the Coach until Monday though since I want my Freeletics schedule to start on the same day that my running schedule starts on each week, but I'm definitely excited to begin. I'm also ready to get back into things because the Freeletics team has just recently rolled out a ton of new changes to the program, and I'm really interested in trying them out. Early reports seem to suggest that some of the changes are great, while others are half-baked, but either way, Monday is the official kick off and I'm pumped to get back on a structured schedule.

Session 1: Pull Up Max (11) | Burpee Max (11) | Split Lunges Max (111)

No comments:

Post a Comment