Saturday, October 11, 2014

Freeletics: C&S Coach Week 6

Between Helios, Hades, and Hyperion all on tap for this past week, it seems like the Coach got lazy when it came to picking from the alphabetical list of workouts. When I saw the schedule, my first thought was to stick with the pattern and tack on a Hera at the end of the week, but I had my school's annual overnight retreat and camping with forty middle schoolers just wasn't conducive to having the time to get an extra workout in. I was able to complete everything that was assigned, but unlike in previous weeks, I didn't have a chance to do much more than that.

I had gotten into the habit of adding extra workouts or exercises to nearly all of my assigned sessions, but that fell apart this week and brought a lot of my momentum to a halt. I know that with the camping trip I was a lot busier than I usually am, but that doesn't feel like the only problem here. Each session this week required a ton of mental effort to push myself through, and I'm really not sure why that was the case. Maybe it's because it's getting colder in the mornings, or maybe it's because I'm no longer seeing the same leaps in progress that I had been when I first started, but whatever it is, my motivation has really been suffering lately.

I'm not worried about finishing the 15 weeks—when I commit to something, I commit to it entirely—but it's hard to maintain the necessary level of determination when the workouts aren't feeling as fun as they had been just a short time ago. If things continue like this, it's going to be a real struggle to make it to the end, so I just have to hope that this week was a fluke and that my outlook will improve.

Session 1: Helios [endurance] (37:28) (*) (PB)
Session 2: Hades (27:51) (*)
Session 3: Hades (23:56)
Session 4: Hyperion [endurance] (7:57) (*) (PB) | Hyperion [endurance] (7:32) (*) (PB) | 50 Sit Ups (1:41) (*) | 50 Push Ups (2:12) (*)
   * blue text denotes additional workouts unassigned by the Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment