Saturday, October 18, 2014

Freeletics: C&S Coach Week 7

The seventh week of Freeletics marks the halfway point in the program and it is given the moniker "Hell Days." Regardless of the number of training days you typically have set, the Coach assigns only three workout days for the week, but each day consists of two workouts. It's a far cry from the intensity of the Hell Week that concluded the Basic Package, which had workouts assigned for all seven days of the week, but nevertheless, this past week was definitely more challenging than any of the previous weeks in the program.


The Coach says that you can split the workouts into a morning session and an evening session, and that you should take a rest day between each of the workout days. Being up for a challenging though, I ignored both pieces of advice and did my double workouts back-to-back over three consecutive days. I even added in a Poseidon on the fourth day just to stick with my usual workout schedule.

I know that I could have taken it a lot easier than I did this past week, but I really wanted to push myself to help get me back in the swing of things. My motivation was really suffering last week and I found myself struggling to complete the workouts, so I made a point of it to go on the attack this week to build up some momentum again. I can't say that my motivation is back to where it was when I first started the program, but my approach this week definitely helped and I'm feeling a lot more enthusiastic about finishing than I had been. Now that I'm more than halfway through the program I'm basically in the home stretch, and that means that there's no reason not to push hard to the very end.

Session 1: Venus [2/4] (10:23) (*) (PB) | Hades (21:15)
Session 2: Gaia (26:58) (PB) | Venus [2/4] (9:54) (*) (PB)
Session 3: Kentauros [endurance 5/6] (26:21) (*) (PB) | Hades (21:15)
Session 4: Poseidon (5:46) (PB)
   * blue text denotes additional workouts unassigned by the Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment